VOL 1467 - OCT. 07, 2015 - Strange Quiz: Are YOU the Annoying Co-worker?
Twice weekly E-letter - StrangeCosmos.com - This Week's Feature:
October Fun !
Are you ready to review the Best Humor, Coolest Pix and Political Parody on the Internet?
Get ready to jump into something "Strange!"
Strange Farm Quotes:
I ask myself: Would I have been any worse off if I had stayed home or lived on a farm instead of shock treatments and medication? - Gene Tierney
I came from a dirt farm, now I'm filthy rich. - Larry Holmes
I think the extent to which I have any balance at all, any mental balance, is because of being a farm kid and being raised in those isolated rural areas. - James Earl Jones
I was a typical farm boy. I liked the farm. I enjoyed the things that you do on a farm, go down to the drainage ditch and fish, and look at the crawfish and pick a little cotton.
“Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"You can make a small fortune in farming - provided you start with a large one." - Anonymous
Keep skunks and bankers at a distance. - Anonymous
Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you. - Anonymous
Today's Featured Humor : -) - Quiz: Are YOU the Annoying Co-worker?
Quiz: Are you the annoying co-worker?
By Kate Lorenz
July 29, 2005
Every office has at least one jerk, pest or loudmouth who drives the rest of the workers crazy.
Could it be you? Take this quiz to find out how annoying you might be:
How many of these statements describe you?
1. You make provocative statements to "foster dialogue" or needle others.
2. You often find yourself delivering a discourse consisting solely of buzzwords and catchphrases.
3. You make up nicknames for all your co-workers and refer to them only by these names. (e.g. "Good job, Chachi!"; "I'm going to have to disagree with you there, T-bone!")
4. Your office is completely decorated with your children's pictures and artwork.
5. You have plastered your cubicle with photos of yourself taken with famous people.
6. It is your trademark to recite rhyming or other cutesy messages as your voice mail greeting.
7. The questions you ask at meetings are preceded by long monologues of your views and accomplishments.
8. You routinely eat odoriferous lunches at your desk.
9. You bring in dishes that you tried to cook -- but didn't turn out quite right -- as "special treats" for your co-workers.
10. People seem tense -- even panic-stricken -- when they see you coming their way.
11. Others back away from you as you speak.
12. You send flurries of e-mails to the rest of the company telling them what you are doing. (e.g., "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom.")
13. You vigorously chew or pop your gum.
14. You wear strong perfume or cologne.
15. You assume your co-workers are fascinated by your personal problems and exploits.
16. You interrupt others while they are speaking or are deep in conversation.
17. You are moody and don't care who knows it.
18. You often give others assignments as they're walking out the door for lunch or to catch the train home.
19. You borrow staplers, scissors and tape from others' desks and forget to return them.
20. Your dialogue with others often end with the other person shouting, "You are so annoying!"
If you counted one or two, not to worry, you quickly can make changes before you're labeled a pest.
If your actions match three to five of these statements, take heed. You are on your way to becoming the source of many an eye roll.
If you do six or more of these on a regular basis, chances are you are already on the office watch list and have been anointed by your co-workers as annoying.
It's time to do a reality check and make some changes. Ask your boss and colleagues for feedback and be ready to listen. If what you hear doesn't fit your self-image, ask them to help you understand what they are saying by giving examples.
You might say: "Tell me more about what I do that leads you to believe that." Then listen, without arguing, defending or justifying your actions.
Remember, there are countless ways to aggravate co-workers -- you even can annoy them by trying too hard to please or being too nice. As long as you avoid the aforementioned behaviors, use your energy for the good of the organization and treat others as you would like to be treated, you should be all right.
And remember, it's perfectly OK to annoy others sparingly. It reminds them that you still exist.
Submitted by Kelly
Most Popular - Parody - News - Pix
STRANGE EDUCATION ITEMS - 1912 TEST FOR 8TH GRADE - GRAMMAR & GEOGRAPHY - HOW WOULD YOU DO? - http://www.strangepersons.com/content/item/196668.html
STRANGE EDUCATION ITEMS - 1912 TEST FOR 8TH GRADE - READING & ARITHMETIC - HOW WOULD YOU DO? - http://www.strangevacations.com/content/item/196669.html
FUN WITH DOGS - THEY LOVE TO RIDE IN THIS SMALL TRAIN PULLED BY A JOHN DEERE TRACTOR - http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/196815.html
WEATHER DANGERS - AMAZING LIGHTNING STRIKE ON A WENDY'S RESTAURANT - MAYBE GOD DOES NOT LIKE FAST FOOD? - http://www.strangemedical.com/content/item/196817.html
PATENTED 1882 RAT TRAP! USES A REVOLVER! BANG! THIS WOULD BE LETHAL! - http://www.strangevehicles.com/content/item/196820.html
STRANGE BUSINESS - FACTORY FUN IN CHINA - NIKE SPORTS SHOE ASSEMBLY LINE IN CHINA! - http://www.strangebusiness.com/content/item/196833.html
STRANGE WEATHER EVENTS - WILD LONG ROLL CLOUD OVER THE OCEAN NEAR AUSTRALIA! - http://www.strangefarmer.com/content/item/196821.html
WILD CELEBRITY PROM PIXS! - LADY GAGA AND BOYFRIEND IN AVIATOR SUNGLASSES - SHE IN SEXY DRESS! - http://www.strangecelebrities.com/content/item/196823.html
STRANGE SPEED TICKET POLICE REVENGE - MAN BUYS POLICE DEPT WEBSITE NAME ABOUT TO EXPIRE - POSTS SPEED TRAP TRAFFIC CAMERA LOCATIONS! - http://www.strangefunvideos.com/content/item/196826.html
AMAZING AMPHIBIOUS FUN VEHICLE - PART DUNE BUGGY - STREET CAR AND WATERCRAFT! - WILD ACTION GIF! - http://www.strangeoldepictures.com/content/item/196822.html
AMAZING MILITARY JET ACROBATICS AND FLIPS - WITH DETAILED COMPUTER SIMULATION SHOWING ALL STUNTS! - COOL ACTION GIF! - http://www.strangemilitary.com/content/item/196824.html
STRANGE CAT OWNERS - WILD KITTY HAIRCUT LIKE A LIZARD DYED LIME GREEN - WHY? - http://www.strangefunkidz.com/content/item/196825.html
STRANGE SPORTS CELEBRATIONS - CHECK OUT THE $156K BAR TAB FOR THE BOSTON BRUINS - http://www.strangeblondes.com/content/item/196828.html
STRANGE PRODUCT NAMES - SCARY NAME BUNSTERS HOT SAUCE - IT WILL MAKE A MESS! - http://www.strangecollege.comcontent/item/196827.html
STRANGE FARM ITEMS - COMPARE THE FREE RANGE CHICKEN TO THE CAGED CHICKEN - WHAT A DIFFERENCE! - http://www.strangeamericans.com/content/item/196829.html
STRANGE STUNTS AND DAREDEVILS - CIRCLE OF DEATH RIDER SPINS AROUND ON A MOTORCYCLE WHILE REACHING UP AND GRABBING TIPS! - http://www.strangetravel.com/content/item/196830.html
FEISTY LITTLE BULLDOG CHASES 2 BEARS FROM FENCED IN COURTYARD - WOW - FUN ACTION GIF! - http://www.strangezoo.com/content/item/196831.html
OBAMA FUN - MICHELLE SPINS HIS BLACK TIE TUXEDO OUTFIT! - FUN ACTION GIF - http://www.strangepolitics.com/content/item/196834.html
The Featured Pix Category This Week - SF - B - FARM BUILDINGS - BARNS - SILOS - CHICKEN COOPS - STABLES
The Top News Articles & Humor for the Week
Strange Senior Humor - Why They Made It This Long - http://www.strangeracer.com/content/item/196710.html
Strange Facts About Australia - http://www.strangegolf.com/content/item/174084.html
Top 100 Best One-Liners 2010 - http://www.strangedangers.com/content/item/174994.html
Strange Kitchen Tips - http://www.strangesports.com/content/item/173825.html
Strange English - Longest Words - http://www.strangepolice.com/content/item/173824.html
The Featured New Category This Week - College - University - High School - Teacher/Prof
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Because of a number of requests, we are becoming more active of both Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. We will periodically be Tweeting the latest BEST or Most UNIQUE pictures. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU FOLLOWING US!
Please Click here to begin following: https://twitter.com/headstranger
Be Sure to Check Out All of the Recent Additions at the "Strange" Family Websites
********** This message printed on recyclable media*********** (Think about it!)
Visit Often - Tell Your Friends - Never Follow!
Do NOT Reply to this automated e-Letter: E-Mail replies to this message will not be seen.
To Remove E-mail Address - http://www.strangecosmos.com/static/unsubscribe.html